The advantages of glass sliding doors over the more traditional French windows that open and close on hinges have long been acknowledged by homeowners and commercial businesses alike.
The technology that has made these entryways so popular has advanced rapidly in recent years. The mechanism by which they open and close – the rollers and tracking systems – and the strength of glass available have made them not only more efficient than their earlier counterparts, but also financially viable for most people.
Imagine having, for example, a porch area of limited size acting as a buffer zone between your main door and the outside. Which kind of entryway would be more suitable for it? An old fashioned hinge door that needs valuable room to allow it to swing open and shut? Or a modern sliding entryway system that takes up hardly any space at all whether it’s open or closed? The answer’s obvious. And in addition sliding doors made of glass have the following advantages.
Advantages of Entryways Made Of Glass
* ease of use – being light, they can be opened and closed with the minimum of force
* space saving – they save a vast amount of space compared to hinged entryways
* strength – modern laminated glass technology gives these systems a strength and durability that belies their lightness of weight
* long life – they last not just for years, but for decades
* style – a range of styles is available from Streamline Windows Brisbane so as to suit every kind of property
* aesthetics – all our sliding entryways are elegant and pleasing to the eye
* economy – with more and more of these popular units being made, manufacturing costs have fallen to the level where most home owners can afford them.
They also bring an enhanced quality of life when installed at your main entrance. Who can deny the pleasure it gives to feel almost as if you’re in the outdoors, with all its healthy light and air, but without the disadvantages of heat, cold, wind, insects, or whatever else it is out there that you don’t want in the house?
Indoors, these systems have proved to be adaptable to almost any situation. They can be used as partitions, for convenience or privacy, in domestic or commercial buildings, and as a means of giving children their own space but with the ability to keep an eye on them at the same time.
Finally, let’s assess the impact of installing these entryways on the value of your home. It’s difficult to visualise any case where they fail to increase the value and also make it more saleable. And with the expertise and customer service you can expect from us at Streamline Windows, you can order your these systems with confidence.